- Entries are accepted from writers who are over 18 years of age.
- Entries are welcome from only unpublished writers.
- Ensure you are not submitting a copy and paste story. In short, don’t steal someone else’s work and submit as if it were yours.
- Submitted stories must be written in exactly 25 words.
- Please, submit works written in English — one or two foreign words could be incorporated, that’s fine.
- Submit only one story for the competition.
- Enter the competition by filling this online form
Bath Spa University Novel in 25 Words
Word Count: 25
Entry Fee: free
Eligibility: Writers from any part of the
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
In order to celebrate 25 years of teaching creative writing, Bath Spa University is seeking creative writers who can write a novel using just 25 words. Yes, 25 words, not lines. They align their thought with Robert Southey who believes that when words are compressed their meaning are deeper and more penetrating.
The novel (25 words, don’t forget) should be such that is capable of convincing, thrilling, exciting and or evoking emotion. It is up to the writer how he tells the story. And there is no genre restriction. The only thing they are concerned with is the amount of creativeness packaged inside the word count.
The overall winner will be given a cash prize of £500. The winning story and that of two runners up will be voiced over by Jeremy Irons, Oscar-winning actor and Bath Spa University’s Chancellor. Winning novels will be published online on ‘A Place in Words’. Winners will receive invitation to attend Bath Spa University’s Creative Writing Anthology launch in central London on 15 September 2017.
LiteraVault, , Writing contests, 0
Name: NT Writers’ Centre Poetry AwardCategory: PoetryWord count: up to 300 linesEntry fee: FreePrize: $1000, an NT Writers’ Centre...