- Submit your original, previously unpublished work.
- Prose should be no more than 6,000 words per entry.
- Poems should be no more than five poems and/or ten pages per entry.
- They allow simultaneous submissions but inform them once your story is accepted elsewhere.
- Reading fee is non-refundable.
- Multiple submissions are allowed. Each submission attracts a reading fee.
Fairy Tale Review 2017 Prose and Poetry Contest
Name: Fairy Tale Review
Word Count: 6000 / 5poems
Entry Fee: $10
Closing Date: July 15
Established in 2005, Fairy Tale Review has continued to published outstanding Poetry and Prose under Wayne State University Press. This is their fourth annual contest and they want to reward writers of poetry and prose fiction.
This year’s prose contest will be judged by Helen Oyeyemi while the poetry contest will be judged by Aimee Nezhukumatathil. Winners and finalists are to be announced in September, 2017. The winner for the prose and poetry contests will be given a cash prize of $1000 each. Winners and finalists will be published in the 2018 edition of The Charcoal Issue. The contest attracts a reading fee of $10, ten percent of which will be given to a local Tucson charity.
For more details and to enter the contest visit Fairy Tale Review