- The judges are looking for writers who can weave words into pictures, creating a vivid imagination that can be felt. Take note of that as you write.
- Your work should not only excite the reader but also hold them in suspense.
- Please, endeavour to submit your original work. Stealing is bad.
- Severance Publications don’t like you submitting previously published work. Send in an unpublished work.
- There’s enough room for you to submit up to ten stories. But we advise you send in your best 3. You don’t want to bore the judges, do you?
- If you are sending in more than one story, kindly upload them individually.
- Ensure your email is valid and accessible. That’s where you’ll be contacted if you make the list.
Supernatural Horror Short Story Competition 2017
Name: Supernatural Horror Short Story Competition 2017
Word Count: 400-5000
Entry Fee: free
Prize: £50 and publication
Eligibility: Writers from any part of the
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
Severance Publications is accepting submissions from writers who explore the genre of supernatural horror. Having succeeded in its previous anthology called ‘Screech – A Collection of Paranormal Stories’, the publishing house wants more stories that probe chilling tales of awe and shuddering fear. As in, stories the faint in heart will read and literally faint. The aim of Supernatural Short Story Competition is to connect best writers of horror across the world.
A mail will be sent to the overall winner and other writers whose stories will be featured in the anthology. The overall winner gets a cash prize, a letter of congratulations, publication and promotion. The anthology will be sold across the UK, US and EU — that’s a good way for an emerging writer to get known.
Submit your story here