- Only residents of the USA can apply.
- Story should be original and previously unpublished.
- Story should be connected with ghost or paranormal activities.
- Story could be set anywhere. It does not have to be set in North Carolina.
- Entries should include: ghost story’s title, author’s name, contact information (address, phone, email), and a short bio.
- Entries should be double-spaced with 12-point. Each page should be numbered.
- Entries should be in PDF format.
The Apparitionist — National Ghost Story Competition
Name: The Apparitionist
Word Count: 5,500
Entry Fee: $5 ($10 for late submission)
Closing Date: August 1 (late submission closes September 1)
Tryon Arts & Crafts School (TACS) announces its National Ghost Story Competition for 2017. This is in order to embrace the heritage of storytelling in Western North Carolina. The competition wants to reward writers who can create the Scariest Ghost Story anyone can think of.
A first prize of $200 will be given to the best story. The second and third best stories will receive $100 and $50 respectively. All 3 winners will be given an award certificate and voucher for overnight accommodations. The 3 best stories will be read on Halloween evening, in October 31 at TACS, 373 Harmon Field Road, Tryon, NC.
For more details and submit your entry, visit The Apparitionist
LiteraVault, , Writing contests, 0
Name: The Ernest J. Gaines Award for Literary ExcellenceCountry: USAWord count: full-length fiction novelEntry fee: freePrize: $10, 000Eligibility: African-AmericanClosing...