- Submitted work must be original work of writer who is above 18.
- Previously published works (in any form) are not allowed.
- Please adhere to the word count for each category.
- Submitted story must not have been previously submitted to Rattle Tales or The Brighton Prize.
- Submitted stories must be written in English.
- Submitted story must be saved in .doc or .docx format.
- An entry fee of £8 for short stories or £6 for flash fictions is required. Pay via PayPal
- Your personal details should only appear on the online form and not in your story.
The Brighton Prize 2017
Name: The Brighton Prize
Word Count: 1000-2000 (Short Story), 350 (Flash Fiction)
Entry Fee: £8 (Short Story), £6 (Flash Fiction)
Prize: £1000 (Short Story), £100 (Flash Fiction)
Eligibility: writers from any part of the world
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
Founded by Rattle Tales in 2014, The Brighton Prize continues to look out for inventive new writing. This year submission is no exception. The Brighton Prize wants short stories that connect on the stage the same way they connect on paper – stories that are quite simple yet beaming with inventiveness.
Submissions to The Brighton Prize are in two categories, the short story category (1000-2000 words) and the flash fiction category (between 350 words). The overall winner in the short story category goes with a cash prize of £1000. Two short story runners up also get £100 each. The overall winner for the flash fiction category goes with a cash prize of £100. Two flash fiction runners up also get £50 each. All shortlisted stories will be published in the Brighton Prize anthology in 2018.
Submit your story to BrightonPrize
LiteraVault, , Writing contests, 0
Name: Zip Print Short Story AwardCategory: Short storyWord count: up to 3000 wordsEntry fee: FreePrize: $1000, an NT Writers’...