- Entries should be original, previously unpublished work.
- Entries should be written in English.
- The contest does not allow professional authors to enter. A professional author is one who has a publishing deal of either $1000 compensation for short stories or $2500 compensation for a long fiction.
- Stories should conform to the theme of this year.
- Writers should follow the standard manuscript format – double-space, title & page number, 12 points.
- Entries should have a cover page where the author’s name appears.
- Submission is free for the first entry.
- Second entry attracts an entry fee of $24.
2017 FutureScapes Writing Contest
Name: FutureScapes Writing Contest
Word Count: 8,000
Entry Fee: free
Closing Date: October 13, 2017
FutureScapes, an annual writing competition which rewards writers of the future is calling for submission to the 2017 contest. FutureScapes wants to help writers who possess the potential of greatness to find their voice and use their stories to shape the future. Each year has its theme for the FutureScapes contest. And for 2017, the theme is “Blue Sky Cities.”
The judges want “stories set in a near-future city where significant strides have been made toward improving air quality, climate adaptation, or even net positive impacts on climate and air quality.” They want stories with strong voice, compelling characters and audience engagement. They prefer a mix of Utopia and Dystopia with a thrilling suspense that provides solutions. That’s a journey you can explore, right? Then, read on.
The best story will win a cash prize of $2,000. Five runners-up will also win a cash prize of $500 each. Winning stories will be published in an anthology and distributed to mayors, governors and members of the U.S. Congress. FutureScapes holds exclusive print and electronic rights to wining stories for a period of 1 year.
For more details and to submit your story, visit FutureScapes
LiteraVault, , Writing contests, 0
Name: African Literature Writing ContestWord count: 300 – 350 wordsEntry fee: FreePrize: $100Eligibility: Africans and non-AfricansOrganizer: Brittle PaperClosing Date:...