- Poets must be up to twenty-one years old by the date of the award.
- Only poets who reside in the Mid-Atlantic States are eligible.
- Manuscript must be original, previously unpublished work.
- Only one entry per poet is allowed.
- Manuscripts must be received before midnight of August 15, 2017.
- Manuscript should be submitted electronically as attachment in .doc or .docx format.
- Two title pages should accompany your submission.
- The first title page should include the title of the manuscript, the name of author, address, phone number and email address.
- The second should have only the title of the manuscript.
- The contest will be judged blindly. Nothing on the manuscript should suggest the name or details of the author.
Dogfish Head Poetry Prize
Name: Dogfish Head Poetry Prize
Word Count: book-length manuscript
Entry Fee: free
Closing Date: August 15, 2017
The Broadkill River Press invites poets who reside in the Mid-Atlantic States to enter the 15th annual Dogfish Head Poetry Prize. This means poets who lives in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, West Virginia, North Carolina, and District of Columbia have the opportunity to participate in the contest. You will be required to submit a book-length manuscript of 48-78 pages with each poem not more than a page in length.
The winning manuscript will be offered a cash prize of $500, two cases of Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Beer, a publication deal with Broadkill River Press, and 10 copies of the published work (in lieu of royalties).
For more details, visit Dogfish-head-poetry-prize