- Entries must be in English
- Only writers of Africa origin, leaving and working in Africa can apply.
- The work to be submitted must explore gender, human rights and/or sexuality in Africa.
- Each writer can submit up to three entries across the categories.
- Each page of the entry must be numbered and formatted using 12 points, Times New Roman and 1.5 spacing.
- Work must not exceed 15000 words or 10 images.
- Both published and unpublished works are accepted.
- Entries must include a short biography (100 words maximum) and contact details.
- Author’s name and details should not appear on the work submitted.
Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
Name: Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
Word Count: 15 000 words or 10 images
Entry Fee: free
Prize: R 25,000
Closing Date: July 24, 2017
Gerald Kraak award and anthology bothers on the topics of gender, human rights and sexuality. It seeks to reward writers and photographers across Africa who have a flair for these topics. The award, sponsored by The Other Foundation and Jacana Literary Foundation, is open to fiction, non-fiction, poetry, photography, journalism/magazine reporting, scholarly articles and social media/blog writings. As long as the writing deals with the topics of gender, sexuality and/or human rights, they can be submitted for the award.
The winner will be given a cash prize of R 25,000. The winning entry will be published by Jacana Media.
For more details and to submit your work, visit Jacana