Name: Jack Grapes Poetry Prize
Word count: Not specified
Entry fee: Free
Prize: $3 winners will get $200 each and 6 finalists will get $50 each
Closing date: 31 August 2020
Cultural Weekly is a project of Nextecho Foundation. They are currently accepting submissions for the 8th Annual “Jack Grapes Poetry Prize”. Poets are advised to send in their works for a chance to win a prize. There are no charges to enter into this contest. The Poetry Prize is named after Jack Grapes an award-winning poet, playwright, actor, teacher, editor and publisher.
Cultural Weekly will award 3 winners a cash prize of $200 each. Not that only, 6 finalists will receive a cash prize of $50 each. The three winners, as well as the 6 finalists, will also get a chance to be published.
- You can submit up to two poems for this contest.
- Your poems should not have been previously published in any form. It must not have appeared in any book, magazine, website. It must not have appeared on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Simultaneous submission is not allowed. Your poems must not have been entered into any contest earlier or submitted somewhere else for publication.
- You can only submit once for this contest. Make sure you are submitting your best work(s).
- There is a format for submission. This format should be followed in order to be considered. Submission should be in a single document (whether you are submitting 1 or 2 poems). Submissions must be in .doc, .docx, or .pages format. (No “txt” “pdf” or other formats)
- The title of your first poem should be the title of the document you will submit. Do not include an apostrophe in the file name.
- Pages should be numbered.
- You are advised to use Times New Roman font, 12 points.
- Your submission should have a cover page. The cover page will have your name, address, phone number, email address and the title(s) of the poem(s). All other pages of your submission must not contain any information that identifies you.
When you submit your work for the Jack Grapes Poetry Prize, you assure the organizers that you are submitting an original poem. This poem is written by you and has not been published or submitted for publication somewhere else.
Judges will decide which poems qualify for the prizes. The editor of Cultural Weekly will get in touch when the results are out. Wait patiently until you hear back.
Find other writing contests here