Name: 2021 Parsec Short Story Contest
Category: Short story (in the sub-genre of science fiction, fantasy, or horror)
Word count: maximum of 3500 words
Entry fee: Free
Prize: $200 for 1st Prize winner, $100 for 2nd Prize winner, and $50 for 3rd Prize winner
Closing date: April 15, 2021
Parsec Ink is still accepting submissions for the 2021 Parsec Short Story Contest. The theme for the 2021 contest is: Still Waters, Deep Thoughts.
Your short story can convey this year’s theme in its setting, plot, characters, dialogue…the only limit is your imagination. The theme must be integral to the story in some way and not just mentioned in passing. There is no fee to enter this contest. All entrants will be notified of the results by June 15th.
- Authors from all countries eligible
- You can submit up to 2 short stories to this contest. Each must be submitted separately.
- All stories must be of the Science Fiction, Fantasy, or Horror genres.
- Stories must be original, unpublished, and unsold to any other market.
- Manuscripts should be in standard manuscript format, double-spaced, and written in either Courier or Times New Roman font.
- Acceptable formats for submission are .doc, .docx, and .rtf.
To enter the contest, visit Submittable. If this is your first time using Submittable, you will need to create a FREE account with them. Instructions for this will appear after you hit the submit link. It’s easy and quick.
The contest is open to non-professional writers (that is, those who have not met eligibility requirements to be a member of Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America or its equivalent: sale of a novel or sale of 3 stories to a large-circulation publication). Previous first-place winners and current contest coordinators are ineligible to enter. The winning story will be the one that most effectively uses the contest theme as a key element.
Submission to the contest implies consent for publication, but all rights revert immediately to the author upon publication.
Find other writing contests here