Name: Sana Writing contest: call for interactive romance!
Category: Short story
Word count: Minimum of 5000 words
Entry fee: Free
Prize: 500 / 200 / 100 EUR for the best 3 stories
Closing date: April 11, 2021
Sana Stories is accepting submissions for the Sana Writing Contest. In this free-to-enter contest, they are looking for interactive romance stories with 5000 words or more. The stories need to be interactive (have choices) and written on Sana’s writing tool.
The theme of this contest is “Slow Burn”. You know those stories where the tension and pull between two people just keeps building up? And you feel SO hot and bothered by the knowledge that these two people BELONG together. But it seems that, despite getting very very close, they will actually never GET each other.
Until they DO.
And it’s so satisfying, because you have been waiting for it for so long. The tension is released, and that tingling excitement the slowly teasing story left within you makes you start the search for the next, delicious treat.
In this new contest they invite you to write an interactive “slow burn” / UST (unresolved sexual tension) story with as many twists and turns and alternative paths as you can think of! The longer your story keeps the reader on their toes the better.
- The story should be either romance, erotica, or at least have romantic or erotic elements.
- The story must be an original story written by you. It should have a beginning, a middle and an end (preferably several!).
- The story must be written in English with a minimum of 5000 words.
- The submission should include a cover image.
- The story must be interactive: it should have at least one choice between two different scenes.
- You can submit as many stories as you like.
- They accept diverse stories with characters from all kinds of backgrounds. Both LGBTQ+ and straight romances can be submitted.
- Stories should be well-written and clearly formatted text without typos or spelling errors.
- Stories must not encourage racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or any other kind of discrimination or abuse aimed at a vulnerable group of people.
- Stories should not include sexual acts towards minors, bestiality or gratuitous sexual abuse, such as depictions of rape or non-consensual sexual acts.
Benefits from entering this contest:
- Winners get professional covers for their winning story by a professional artist
- Winners get some percent of Sana’s subscription revenue based on the popularity of their stories. (You can read more about their revenue share model here.)
- All contest entries will get highlighted on the homepage of the Sana Stories app
- Winners get social media & newsletter promotion by Sana
All intellectual property rights to the submitted stories remain with you. You can ask for your stories to be taken down at any time.
To enter the contest, write your story with Sana’s writing tool. Then, fill the submission form. A confirmation email will be sent once your story has been approved. You can find more details about this contest on Sana Stories.
Find other writing contests here