Name: NT Writers’ Centre Poetry Award
Word count: up to 300 lines
Entry fee: Free
Prize: $1000, an NT Writers’ Centre membership and masterclass
Closing date: May 31, 2021
The annual Northern Territory Literary Awards have celebrated the unpublished work of Northern Territory writers for more than 35 years. It is part of a special program of annual events at Library & Archives NT that celebrate the achievements of established and emerging writers, storytellers and prominent Territorians.
Whether established or emerging, all writers from across the Northern Territory are encouraged to enter unpublished work for a chance to win cash prizes, free memberships and masterclasses.
- Entrants must reside in Northern Territory, Australia at the time of submission.
- The online entry must be completed on or before May 31, 2021. Entries received after this time and date will not be accepted.
- Submissions will be processed electronically.
- Receipt of entry will be via email through the Submittable system. Please allow seven days to receive this acknowledgement.
- Shortlisted entrants will be notified via email. Winners will be notified via email in September 2021.
- Works must not have been published previously in any other format.
- Entries must be formatted at one point five (1.5) line spacing and a minimum of 12-point font size, saved as a Microsoft Word or Text document.
- Entrants may submit up to three entries. Each poem must not exceed 300 lines.
- Feedback will not be provided to applicants.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decisions.
- Judging is completely anonymous. To ensure anonymity, only the title of the work should appear on the entry submission. The author’s name or other identifying marks must not appear on the entry.
- Word counts will be strictly adhered to and entries exceeding word counts will be invalid. Footnotes are not included in the word count.
- Library & Archives NT reserves the right not to award a prize.
- Works previously entered into the Award but not shortlisted in past Northern Territory Literary Awards may be re-entered.
Shortlisted and winning works will be published in the 2021 edition of the Northern Territory Literary Awards publication available for free in print and online. For previous publications, visit: http://ntl.nt.gov.au/northern-territory-literary-awards-past-winners
Authorship of shortlisted and winning works will be fully acknowledged in the Northern Territory Literary Awards 2021 print and online publications and in all related material.
To submit your work for this context visit: NT Writers’ Centre Poetry Award
Find other writing contests here