Name: Turn Off The Lights – Inkitt Thriller Contest
Category: mystery, thriller, suspense, or horror novel
Word count: 10,000 words minimum
Entry fee: free
Prize: 1st prize winner gets $20,000, 2nd prize winner gets $10,000, 3rd prize winner gets $5000
Closing Date: February 28th, 2022
Inkitt is inviting writers to submit their novels for a chance to win $20,000. Submit your mystery, thriller, suspense, or horror novel for the chance to become a published author and win huge cash prizes!
Turn Off The Lights is the biggest writing contest in Inkitt’s history. Let your imagination run free and thrill the 3 million active readers and writers currently on Inkitt.
There will be one grand prize winner and two runners up selected.
1st prize: $20,000
2nd prize: $10,000
3rd prize: $5,000
1st – 10th place will receive a publishing contract for Inkitt’s app, Galatea!
The author with the most reader engagement will be chosen as the winner at the end of the contest. So make sure to get plenty of readers, likes, comments and shares on your book, as this increases your chances of winning!
- The contest will run to February 28th 2022.
- Entering the contest is free; all that is required is to upload your book onto Inkitt and submit it on the contest page.
- Stories must be in English and original works. No plagiarism will be tolerated.
- Stories must be written within the genre of Thriller, Mystery, Suspense, or Horror. While Romance can be involved in the story-line, Romance-only (Werewolf, Billionaire, Mafia, MC, and Contemporary), poetry, non-fiction, and fanfiction will be disqualified at Inkitt’s discretion.
- Winners will be chosen based on the reader engagement their stories receive. This is a combination of likes, reads and reviews.
- Authors cannot enter the contest more than once with the same story, but an author may submit as many books as they want.
- The minimum word count per submission is 10,000 words. There is no maximum word limit.
- Inkitt collects data on your submission from the day it’s received.
- You must own the rights to the novel. You retain all rights to your stories while posted on Inkitt.
- Previously or currently self-published books are accepted
- Winners of the contest will receive a full publishing contract from Galatea. As part of this contract, your work would receive professional editing and cover design, the creation of an audiobook edition, translation into upwards of ten languages, and the opportunity to earn royalties. An entrant’s eligibility to claim prize money is conditional on their agreement to enter into a publishing contract.
- Stories must abide by Inkitt’s community guidelines. No glorification of non-consensual sexual acts. Please check their community guidelines.