Personal information we obtain
The types of personal information we obtain include:
- contact information (such as name, email address, telephone number);
- information used to create your online account (such as username and password);
- location data which is derived from your IP address, country and zip code;
- clickstream data and other information about your online activities
- other personal information we obtain through our Offerings.
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part.
We use the information we obtain to:
- provide and administer our products and services (including websites and apps for which you have registered);
- create and manage your account with LiteraVault;
- perform data analytics (such as research, trend analysis);
- communicate with you about your account (including sending emails relating to your registration, account status and other important information);
- verify your identity and protect your account against unauthorized use or abuse of our services;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- comply with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- maintain and enhance the security of our Online Channels, products, services, network services, information resources and employees; and
- respond to your inquiries.
- inform you of our current interesting offerings and that of our partners
We use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner includes IP address and other identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our Offerings, device characteristics (such as operating system), referring/exit pages, navigation paths, access times, browser preferences and characteristics, installed plugins, local time zones, local storage preferences, clickstream data and other information about your online activities. Some of these cookies are session cookies (which are automatically deleted when you close your browser) and others are persistent cookies (which remain on your computer or other Internet-connected device for a period of time after you end your browsing session, unless you delete them).
Do we sell your personal information?
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you except as described here or at the time of collection. LiteraVault may share personal data in the following ways:
- if sharing your data is necessary to provide a product, service or information you have requested;
- with our customers to report and help manage issues requiring support or as part of consulting services;
- with service providers we have engaged to perform services on our behalf (such as customer support, customer relations management and data analytics).
- with approved LiteraVault partners, to offer and provide our products and services to you; and
We also may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss to LiteraVault, its users or the public as required or permitted by law, (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, and (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud, illegal activity, security or technical issues.
Your Rights and Choices
When you use our Online Channels, both we and certain third parties (such as our advertising networks, digital advertising partners and social media platforms) may collect personal information about your online activities, over time and across third-party websites. Certain web browsers allow you to instruct your browser to send Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals to websites you visit, informing those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked.
Retaining your personal information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards, consistent with legal requirements where the personal information was obtained, designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of, or access to, the personal information provided to us through the Channels.
Children’s Personal Information